Dr. Brett Jones, a full Professor in the Educational Psychology program within the School of Education at Virginia Tech, will be our keynote speaker. His topic is about MUSIC Model and How to Use it to Improve Student Success in Online Learning. For more information about Dr. Jones, please visit: http://www.soe.vt.edu/edpsych/faculty/Brett_Jones.html
Time: Friday, July 21, 2017 from 8am to 4:15pm
Location: HP Multipurpose Room 208/210
Registration is now open at: https://tinyurl.com/mhsszkq
Session Descriptions and Presenter Bios: coming soon
A series of breakout session on the topics below will follow the keynote speech:
- What’s New in Blackboard Learn Q4 2016 (new upgrade this summer)
- Using ePortfolio for deep learning and authentic assessment
- Designing and developing an Online Engineer Course
- Integrating evidence-based instructional strategies to teaching and learning
- Implementing instructional technology to build learning communities and student engagement
- What you may not know about Blackboard: tricks and tips
- Creating effective rubrics and providing valuable feedback
- Faculty showcases of teaching strategies and lessons learned in the field of online/blended education
- Blackboard Drop-in Session (1:00pm to 3:45pm): Stop by and ask your VCCS Account Team from Blackboard all of your Blackboard questions.
A Complete Conference Agenda, Session Descriptions, and Presenter Bios will be available in the coming weeks.